…FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH
SUNDAY MORNING FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE SAN
BERNADINO COUNTY MOUNTAINS, INLAND EMPIRE, THE SANTA ANA MOUNTAINS
AND INLAND ORANGE COUNTY…
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a a Fire
Weather Watch…which is in effect from Saturday morning through
* LOCATION…San Bernardino County Mountains, Inland Empire, Santa
Ana Mountains, Inland Orange County
* WIND…Areas of northeast winds 20 to 30 MPH with local gusts
to 50 MPH.
* HUMIDITY…Lowering to 8 to 12 percent Saturday and 5 to 10
percent Sunday. Poor recoveries Saturday night.
* TIMING…Winds increasing late Saturday morning, peaking midday,
then lowering slightly late Saturday before a similar secondary
peak early Sunday morning. Humidities will fall rapidly as the
winds arrive late Saturday morning. Durations of winds above 25
MPH combined with relative humidities below 15 percent could
reach 6 hours in some locations.
* OUTLOOK…Winds will decrease Sunday afternoon, but very low
humidity, below 10 percent at times, will continue through
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.